1. Define centre of gravity and centroid.
2. Derive an expression for the centre of gravity of a plane area using method of moments.
3. What do you understand by axes of reference?
4. Define the terms : moment of inertia and radius of gyration.
5. State the theorem of perpendicular axis. How will you prove this theorem?
6. State and prove the theorem of parallel axis.
7. Find an expression for the moment of inertia of a rectangular section:about an horizontal axis passing through the C.G. of the rectangular section; and
about an horizontal axis passing through the base of the rectangular section.
(AMIE Summer, 1985)